Central Valley water quality board publishes draft wastewater permit
The Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board has released the long-anticipated draft of its wastewater permit for dairies. Western United Dairymen’s Environmental Issues Committee will review the draft language at its Oct. 14 meeting. “We plan to thoroughly review this document and provide our comments at one of the upcoming public workshops,” said Paul Martin, WUD’s environmental services director.
The regional board has scheduled seven meetings throughout the Central Valley to explain the requirements included in the draft permit for milk cow dairies. At these meetings, staff will explain the requirements in the draft permit and the permitting process. The dates, times, and locations of these meetings are listed below.
* Oct. 20, 1-3 p.m., Glenn County Farm Bureau, 501 Walker Street, Orland.
* Oct. 21, 1-3 p.m., CVRWQCB Fresno Office, 1685 E Street, Fresno.
* Oct. 25, 1-3 p.m., International Agri-Center, Heritage Complex, 4500 S. Laspina Street, Tulare.
* Oct. 25, 1-3 p.m., Stanislaus County Ag Center, Harvest Hall, Rooms A & B, 3800 Cornucopia Way, Modesto.
* Oct. 26, 9 - 11 a.m., San Joaquin County Farm Bureau, 3290 North Ad Art Way, Stockton.
* Oct. 26, 1-3 p.m., UC Cooperative Extension Office, 2145 Wardrobe Avenue, Merced.
* Oct. 27, 1-3 p.m., Public Services Building, 2700 M Street, 1st floor conference room, Bakersfield.